THEY’RE hard-working, selfless and, most of all, greatly appreciated.
To acknowledge National Volunteer Week, TransCare Hunter Ltd took the opportunity to thank those residents, for all that they do for the Scone-based organisation, on Friday.
About 30 people packed into the boardroom to enjoy some tasty goodies at a special morning tea.
“We love our volunteers,” care coordinator Samm Turri said.
“And, this is just a little way to show our gratitude.
“Our generous volunteers are on hand to help wherever they can, from driving clients to delivering Meals on Wheels in Scone.”
The types of roles the volunteers fill include:
* Making phone calls in the morning to check on the clients
* Taking someone shopping or to the bank
* Shopping with a list for someone who can’t do it themselves
* Providing companionship by having a cup of tea and a chat
* Delivering Meals on Wheels each Thursday
* Driving to appointments
Even if you have as little as one hour per month to give, TransCare would love to hear from you.
For more details, phone 6545 3113.