THE Murrurundi Photographic Prize has attracted its biggest ever number of entries.
A large crowd poured into the exhibition on Friday night, with Karen Davis’ ‘If These Hands Could Talk’ winning the Best in Show.
Murrurundi & District Arts Councils’ Mandy Archibald said the exhibition was well worth a look.
“Opening night was a huge success with about 80 visitors,” she said.
“We had 360 entries, the biggest ever, and lots of new entrants.
“Our judge Leslie Wand from Blandford did an amazing job deciding the ultimate winning entries.
“It’s a terrific exhibition and is still open on October 8 and 9.”
The winning entries were:
- Best in Show (sponsored by Murrurundi Arts Council)
Karen Davis "If these hands could Talk" ( see pic )
- Animals/Wildlife (sponsored by Carmyle Vet Services)
1st Brett Touzell "Peek a Boo "
2nd Mandy Archibald "Curiosity "
- Landscape/Gardens (sponsored by Glenbrae, Timor)
1st Neville Ritchie "Three Sisters"
2nd Joan Faras "Snowdrops "
- Portraiture (sponsored by Boyd's Creek, Murrurundi)
1st Amanda Gaffney Ray "I've got you"
2nd " Joan Faras "Moody Teenager "
- Open Section (sponsored by Barbara Morgan, Murrurundi)
1st Neville Ritchie "Curra Pub "
2nd Amanda Gaffney Ray "Graffiti Jump"
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.