Police conducting further enquiries into motor vehicle accident at Scone

POLICE are conducting further enquiries into an accident, which occurred at Scone last Tuesday.

About 8.50am on June 13, a single vehicle collision happened along Yarrandi Road near the intersection of Bunnan Road.

A passer-by dropped the passenger off in the main street and the 18-year-old driver at Scott Memorial Hospital as he complained of pain.

A sample of the teenager’s blood and urine were taken.

Police have since learned that the driver had been driving negligently along Yarrandi Road, causing the vehicle to come to a stop in a ditch on the side of the road. 

Motorcyclist breaks leg

A SYDNEY man was flown to John Hunter Hospital after breaking his leg in a motorbike accident at Cassilis on Saturday.

About 12.30pm on June 17, the 42-year-old was riding his motorbike on a private property.

He attempted a jump, however failed to negotiate it.

The front wheel of the motorcycle landed heavily and threw the rider over the handlebars.

This resulted in him landing on his head and left side. 

Paramedics arrived on the scene and rendered first aid to the man.

The Westpac Rescue Helicopter then conveyed him to Newcastle.

Mid-range PCA

ABOUT 4pm on Friday, June 16, police were conducting patrols on the Golden Highway, Merriwa.

Officers observed a black Toyota Corolla travelling well above the sign posted 100km speed limit. 

Police conducted a U-turn and stopped the vehicle on the shoulder of the roadway. 

Officers then effected a passive test, which returned an indication for alcohol present.

Police conducted a direct test, which returned a positive reading of 0.159.

The driver, a 28-year-old man from Adamstown, was informed of the reading and arrested for the purpose of a breath analysis.

The accused was conveyed to Merriwa Police Station where he was submitted to an analysis, which returned a reading of 0.148 grams of alcohol in 210 millilitres of breath. 

He was issued a Field Court Attendance for Drive with Mid-Range PCA (2nd Offence) and also issued a notice of suspension and the licence was confiscated by police. 

He is to appear at Scone Local Court on July 20.

Never held licence

A BELLBIRD teenager will appear before Scone Local Court next month after driving without a licence.

At 1.45am on Thursday, June 15, the 18-year-old was the driver of a NSW registered motor vehicle, a white Ford Territory, in a westerly direction upon High Street, Bunnan.

Police observed the vehicle to travel and stop suddenly on the side of the roadway when it entered the township of Bunnan.

Officers activated their warning devices and approached the accused, who was occupying the driver’s seat.

She was informed she would undergo a breath test, and directed to produce her licence to which she stated: “I’ve never had one”.

She was submitted to a breath test with a negative result.  

The accused was then issued with a field court attendance notice.