UPPER Hunter Shire Council Youth Services and Scone Neighbourhood Resource Centre will be providing Christmas gift hampers to individuals and families who are in need of a little extra help over the festive period.
You can help by donating charity Christmas gifts items that will go towards building a gift hamper for someone in need.
Through your support, you can help make Christmas a special time of year for those who are less fortunate.
Donations can be dropped off at any of the Upper Hunter Shire Council offices in Merriwa, Murrurundi and Scone or Scone Neighbourhood Resource Centre up until 15 December 2017 for inclusion in hampers.
For further information please contact Council’s Youth Services on 0439 090 891 or 0428 971 208.
Suggested food and gift items include:
- Christmas Hamper Items
- Christmas cakes, fruit mince pies, puddings
- Tinned ham and tuna
- Baked beans and spaghetti
- Coffee, milo and tea
- Pretzels, chips, twisties and cheezels
- Canned vegetables
- Canned beetroot
- Canned fruit
- Nuts and dried fruit
- Soft drinks, cordial and fruit juices
- Breakfast cereals
- Long life full cream milk and cream
- Pasta and simmer sauces
- Spreads and jams
- Christmas Gift Ideas
- Dolls, baby dolls, prams and cradles
- Art and craft sets
- Board games and jigsaws
- Footballs, basketballs or soccer balls
- Tennis and cricket sets
- Jewellery and hair accessories
- Lego kits (for both boys and girls)
- Toy cars, planes, trains
- Cars, planes and trains
- Construction sets
- Make up kits
- Books, CDs, DVDs
- Back to School Kits incl. stationery
- Gift vouchers