UPPER Hunter Shire will celebrate Australia Day 2019 in Aberdeen, Cassilis, Murrurundi and Scone on Saturday January 26.
Australia Day awards will be presented for Community Group, Citizen and Young Citizen, Achiever and Young Achiever.
The Upper Hunter Shire Australia Day Citizen of the Year and Young Citizen are chosen from the town winners.
Presentations will be made by the Australia Day Ambassadors at the following venues:
Murrurundi: Wilson Memorial Oval
- 8am Murra County Markets
- 10am Grand Parade starts from Rosedale Complex, entertainment by Chloe Hall
- 11.30am Ambassador’s Address, Australia Day Awards, cricket and other games
Merriwa: Cassilis Bowling Club
- 10.30am Ambassador’s Address, Australia Day Awards Ceremony followed by a free barbecue lunch and lamingtons
Scone: Council Chambers, 135 Liverpool Street, Scone
- 8.30am Barbecue breakfast
- 9.30am Awards Ceremony including Australian Citizenship, Ambassador’s Address and Australia Day Awards
- Scone RSL Pipes and Drums, Scone Singers.
Aberdeen: Aberdeen Sport & Recreation Club, Jefferson Park
- 1pm Lunch and Ambassador’s Address and Australia Day Awards
- Lunch is $15 per person and bookings are essential on 6543 7226.
In the afternoon there is free entry and entertainment at pools across the Upper Hunter.
At Merriwa entry will be free from 2pm to 6pm at Murrurundi, 1pm to 6pm, and 12pm to 4pm in Scone.
If you’re hosting an Australia Day event in the Upper Hunter in 2019, let us know at email@example.com