LOCAL community groups and individuals in the Upper Hunter Shire have benefited from more than $5000 worth of donations in one night.
At Monday night's Upper Hunter Shire Council meeting, councillors voted to support the following donations, some of which cover organisations' costs to hire Council venues for events:
- $200 to Cessnock Archers toward fees and amenities at the Moonan Camping grounds for their 21st anniversary shoot at Moonan Flat on the October long weekend.
- $500 to Brendan Kelly toward his participation in the Australian team in the National High Schools Finals Rodeo in America in July, after his success in the Australian finals held in Murrurundi.
- $2000 to Scone Films toward the Scone Short Film Festival, 21 - 22 September 2019.
- $200 to Merriwa Central School toward the hire of the Merriwa School of Arts 6 - 7 August 2019 for their annual Variety Night.
- $500 to Tyler Kelly to assist with traveling costs to the UK in July for Tyler to represent Australia in International Horse Sports.
- $200 to Merriwa Central School toward the hire of the Merriwa School of Arts 29-30 August 2019 for their annual community Little Sprouts Reading Day.
- $200 to Merriwa Tennis Club to assist starting up the Merriwa Netball Club with bibs and balls.
- $200 to the Lions Club of Aberdeen to install an irrigation system at Aberdeen Jockey Club park.
- $686 to the Merriwa Festival of the Fleeces Committee for the hire of the Merriwa School of Arts.
- $600 to the Hunter River District Golf Association (HRDGA) for the representative match at the Scone Golf Course on 27-28 July 2019 to cover the cost of green fees.
To apply for a donation or sponsorship from Upper Hunter Shire Council, write to email@example.com, PO Box 208 Scone NSW 2337, or visit an administration office in Merriwa, Murrurundi or Scone for more information.