SCONE and other parts of the Hunter’s high country are bracing against powerful winds streaming through the region.
The Bureau of Meteorology had warned gusts can reach between 100 to 110 km/hr in areas including Scone and Murrurundi.
Braidwood, Katoomba, Goulburn, Captains Flat and Nimmitabel were also forecast to be affected.
That warning was cancelled at 10.50am.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132 500.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.